B. Sackin & Associates
30374 Mayacamas Dr.
Murrieta, CA 92563
Take action to “Fix the Reg” Visit www.CSSMP.org
Barry was a member of the CORE Team that addressed the USDA Commodity Distribution Program business process reengineering. He was the scribe for the group and discount brand name cialis was responsible for drafting the posted reports of the meetings. http://www.fns.usda.gov/fdd/fd2000/fd2000.htmBarry is a founding member of the Board of Directors of Action for Healthy Kids. http://www.actionforhealthykids.org/index.htmKey Program Collaboration
• Vital school food service program resource to Congressional staff, Congressional Research Service, Congressional Budget Office, Government Accountability Office, USDA Food and buy cialis next day delivery Nutrition Service and name brand cialis Agricultural Marketing Service.
• Influenced successful $6M provision in 2002 Farm Bill, participating as the only non-governmental task force member, transitioning Congressional intent from broad legislative language into a meaningful program. As a result, a school-based pilot was authorized and cialis discount funded to distribute fruits and viagra vegetables in 25 schools in each of four states, plus schools in one Indian Tribal Organization.
• Contributed background/technical assistance (including composing letters, advising Congressional staff and generic viagra canadian convening with analysts) for every school food service study in the past five years undertaken by the Government Accountability Office (formerly General Accounting Office).
• Association Representation / Participation on Food Distribution Team. Represents Association to a broad range of allied associations and performs key role in nutrition programs.
• Co-chaired the Child Nutrition Reauthorization Working Group of the National Alliance for Nutrition and Activity (NANA).Achieved authorization for many changes (in the context of the NANA agenda) despite subjectivity of legislative changes to discretionary spending.
• Played role in USDA’s business process reengineering initiative for commodity foods program.Participated on CORE Team focused on food distribution for schools comprised of eight members and two facilitators: representatives of national and regional Food and Nutrition Service, Agricultural Marketing Service, Farm Service Agency, and school food service directors. Tapped as team’s reporter, drafting a total of eight published monthly reports. As a result, multiple recommendations by the team are being implemented; outcomes include: roll-out (in stages) of national commodity processing contracts; institution of “closer to the hoof” procurement; formation of expanded access to processed end-products for all schools; and more. An ancillary result includes an overall sense of improved responsiveness to school food service operators’ needs as customers.
• Member of Management Team for national research project. Subject Matter Expert on $4 million research project with 100,000 students involved. Identified opportunities to improve children’s nutritional health through enhanced marketing of milk in schools.Advisory Roles
• The Community Nutrition Institute
• Community Food and Nutrition Program
• Nutrition Assistance Question and Answer Forum
• Expert on Panel re: Food and Nutrition Assistance Programs
• National School Lunch Program & School Breakfast Program.